Workshop on “Basic Education in Africa” with a session on Inclusive Education
Kigali, Rwanda - 25 to 28 September 2007
This workshop addressed tendencies, advances and challenges in the expansion of Basic Education in Africa.
A session on Inclusive Education was included in the seminar as part of the regional preparatory activities of the 48th session of the International Conference on Education (ICE 2008). Policy makers, educators and curriculum specialists from 15 sub-Saharan countries discussed different aspects of Inclusive Education from an international and regional perspective and develop a regional roadmap for action in order to advance in prevision of the ICE 2008.
This workshop has been co-organized by the International Bureau of Education (IBE-UNESCO), the Division for Basic Education of the UNESCO headquarters in Paris and the UNESCO Regional Office in Dakar (BREDA).
- Background Note (PDF, 40 KB)
- Agenda (PDF, 90 KB)
- Background Inclusive Education (PDF, 120 KB)
- Curriculum as a Way of Attaining Quality- Innovation (PDF, 220 KB)
- Global Monitoring Report on "Education for All" (PDF, 620 KB)
- Curriculum Framework Guidelines (PDF, 100 KB)
- Guidelines for Inclusion - UNESCO 2006 (PDF, 520 KB)
- What Basic Education for Africa- Panel 6 (PDF, 50 KB)
- Executive Summary (PDF, 40 KB)